This round is based on the VCOM - Virginia Class of pk彩票 motto
“As a family, we are unified in the pursuit of humility in life and excellence in education today, to more completely serve the people of tomorrow. We seek to carry on our legacy as vanguards of osteopathy and to embrace with healing hands. We commit to give with no expectation and to advocate for the wellness of mind, body and spirit of our patients with a local focus and a global perspective”
VCOM Focus will incorporate four quarterly segments, each targeting a specific theme/concept that relates to the college's values. Photos may be of anything that speaks to the theme. Be Creative!
Segment 1 “Pursuit of Humility in Life” – Friday, October 18th.
Segment 2 “Legacy” – Friday, October 18th.
Segment 3 “Give with No Expectation” – TBD
Segment 4 “Mind, Body, and Spirit” – TBD
- Each segment will award a first place, second place, and third place photo submission.
- The winning photographs will be prominently displayed in our campus buildings. Displayed photos will be changed as each new segment opens.
- Awards of $75.00 for 1st place, $50.00 for 2nd place, and $25.00 for 3rd place, and additional surprise items, will be issued to our photography winners.
- Via Wellness points will be awarded in conjunction with VCOM Focus. 2 points are awarded per participant for each segment submission (1 physical, 1 intellectual). 4 points are awarded per participant for each segment submission winner (2 physical, 2 intellectual). A total of 6 points are possible per participant for each of the 4 segments.
Rules and Guidelines
A panel of judges comprised of VCOM students, faculty, and administrators, will review and chose the top photo submissions. Award prizes will be issued to the top three submissions for this segment. In addition, winning photo submissions will be prominently displayed on the VCOM campus.
- Photos will be judged on criteria including: creativity, subject matter, relationship to the college and the specific segment theme, overall impact, and visual appeal.
- When submitting a photo, please include the name of your photograph (if applicable) and a brief statement (less than 50 words) describing how the photo relates to the college and the segment theme.
- To encourage creativity, the judging panel may choose to consider a photo that is not directly related to the College, but is still related to the segment theme.
- If a photo submission was not previously chosen as a winning photo, and is deemed appropriate for a future theme, at the discretion of the committee co-chairs, the photo may be entered for consideration in future VCOM Focus segments.
The VCOM Focus initiative is open to all VCOM students, faculty, and staff.
To be considered, each photo submission requires a fully executed Release Form from the photographer, and also from any individual(s) pictured in the photo. Please note, a physical signature is required on all release forms (digital signatures are not acceptable). When emailing your submission, please be sure to attach the completed release forms. The forms can be scanned, or photographed.
- Use your LAST NAME as the computer file name. (Example: John Doe sends a photo - File Names: Doe.jpg and DoeRelease.pdf)
- Send your photo submissions and required release forms via email to vcomfocus [at] vcom.vt.edu.
- In your email, or correspondence, please remember to include a brief description (1 or two sentences) of how your photo relates to the college, or the specific segment concept. If you have named your photo, please provide this information.
Minimum Photo Requirements
- Photo should be uncompressed, 150 DPI Resolution, and a minimum of 1400 x 2000 Pixels.
- High Quality JPEG or TIF, PNG, or Acrobat PDF files are acceptable. NO GIF, PSD, or AI files can be submitted.
Please email vcomfocus [at] vcom.vt.edu with all inquiries, correspondence, and/or photo submissions.
This initiative is modeled after the “Through the Lens Initiative developed by Wolfgang Gilliar, D.O., Dean of the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine. We thank him for sharing this creative, uniquely osteopathic initiative. We appreciate the support of the Through The Lens leadership in this venture.